Saturday, May 30, 2009

Baseball Fever


They boys had their first baseball games today! After a LONG and HOT day, I have concluded my Saturdays are pretty much gone for the next month or so. These 2 games have taken up the entire day!
Nate was over in Pocatello for a race so I had all three boys in tow. We packed up and left the house at about 9:30am. The first game started at 10:15 and the second one started at 1:30. I thought we'd better just stay over by the fields and get lunch somewhere since the games are played at a high school about 35-40 minutes away from my house. Needless to say, we didn't get home until 3:30 and being out in the 95 degree temps all day long has WORN US OUT! It's only 6:15 now and poor Landon is out for the night! haha!
This was Parker's very first time playing. (Warning...bragging moment coming on.) Let me just say....Parker is a little stud. He is the smallest guy on the team yet is is by far the FASTEST and can hit the ball the FARTHEST. It was hilarious....Parker was the last batter up. The last batter always hits a "home run" no matter what. All of the coaches in the outfield were telling the kids to scoot up. (Thinking that this teeny kid wouldn't hit it far at all.) Parker steps up to the plate and SMASHES the ball way over the coaches heads in the outfield. Then he runs all of the bases...and he ends up beating both of the runners on 2nd and 1st base. All of the parents had a good laugh. The next time Parker was up to bat all of the kids knew to move back because the "hitter" was up. Honestly....if you know Parker, you're not surprised at all.
Dallin had a great game too. Now that he is a U7 he gets to play on a real baseball field. All of the kids looked so little out there...to me anyway. Dallin had 2 great hits and gently needed to be reminded to stop picking his nose out in the outfield a few times. Love that kid.
Landon and I huddled under the shade of my umbrella and tried not to cook. It has been a good day. Again...LONG and HOT but still really good.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It sounds like a wonderful day with your boys. I'm sure it was hecitc and long for you, but it really sounds picturesque.

Jason and Jen said...

The joy of baseball! I hate the heat! We missed you at the CF walk, but now I know why. The boys look so good in their uniforms.