Monday, October 15, 2007

Naughty Day





Today wasn't a Monday. Instead of Monday, think I will refer to it as "naughty day." You see, many naughty things took place today. First off, Dallin and Parker took my camera and took some pictures of themselves. They took about 100 pictures before I caught them...here are a couple that they took of themselves. (they took some pretty cute ones actually) This wasn't too bad but its only the beginning of the day!
The next naughty thing that happened was while we were at Fred Meyer we walked through the Halloween Department and then through the Christmas Department to get over towards the toys. As we walk by the Christmas tree display Dallin exclaims, "What the hell? Christmas stuff already?" I burst out laughing because I couldn't believe my ears! I have NO IDEA where he heard this phrase. He knew he was in trouble as soon as I turned around. We had a serious discussion about it on the ride home.
Later on, I was upstairs doing some laundry and Parker and Dallin snuck outside and took off their clothes, (all of them mind you) then they turned on the hose and proceeded to run through the sprinklers. It was a nice day today...but still..it was only 75 degrees out. Then they went over and started throwing dirt on each other. The workers who were building the house next door had a good laugh while I was screaming at them to get inside.
Next on the list....our puppy Tilly. She is the cutest thing ever but she is naughty. She contiunes to poop on my new carpet and as I was about to explode I quickly reminded myself that she IS still a puppy and she still has lots to learn. Anyway...just another crazy, funny, frustrating, stressful day in the Starnes Family!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

*sigh* Naughty days are never fun, but it's funny that Dallin recently used that prhase, we just had an episode with Brendan using the same phrase--Where do they pick up these things?

jayna said...

Mondays are always the worst! Cleaning up after the weekend fun, and trying to get back into the swing of single-parenting during the week is never easy. Am I the only person on earth who thinks FHE should be ANY other night BUT mondays?

Allison said...

Some of my kids' naughtiest moments are the most fun and memorable. They LOVE hearing about all the crazy stuff they did when they were little. It's almost impossible to endure with a smile while it's happening though. I feel for you with the poop/pee on the carpet thing. That just about drove me mad with our puppy. Hopefully she learns soon!

The Reading Armadillo said...

What a crazy day! Isn't being a mother fun?

Joe and Amy said...

Sounds like a few of us had one of those Mondays. I hope your Tuesday turned out better.

Starnes fam said...

I am SO glad I am not the only who has days like these!!!

janet said...

sounds like a house full of three boys! It IS really funny when your kids spit out a naughty word or two... at least it is for me. Ben said "son of a B" to his brother a few months ago.. not very flatter to their mother. And I cannot tell you how many pictures of have on my computer that the boys have taken...too many, but at least we didn't have to pay to get them developed, right? Good luck with your puppy... I am NOT ready for that next step!

Reno 411 said...

Thank Heavens for digital cameras. Could you imagine developing 100 pictures that your kids take? I have days like this and I want to pull my hair out and the next day seems to get better.